- City of London
Within the financial services industry it is common place for firms to pitch for new business. However, some of these pitches are now feeling old, and no longer have the desired impact.
This workshop will ensure that you are able to put yourself and your firms across to potential new clients in a professional yet engaging manner. It will also provide you with the opportunity to refine your key messages and focus on the issues that are most important to your clients.
The aim is to not only improve the content of your pitch, but also your style and confidence – enabling you to land new business more consistently.
This one day course will guide you through the fundamental skills of pitching, led by an experienced consultant with a background in professional speaking.
The perfect pitch will deliver the key messages to the client in a professional and engaging manner
Attending this course will enable you to:
- Understand what your clients are looking for
- Prepare effectively what you say and how you say it
- Understand how people communicate and strategies to deal with these
- Plan how to use visual aids or presentation software
- Anticipate client questions and possible responses
- Practice new techniques for your pitch in a safe environment
- Increase your confidence and your success rate
The Course Agenda
Pre Workshop activity
- Perfect Preparation
Introduction and Welcome
- Understand the objectives and the timetable for the programme and workshop, and how delegates will benefit
- Each delegate to present their pitch
Review of initial pitches
- Group review & debrief
Essential skills revisited
- What are the core Physical skills
Key pitching skills
- Features, Advantages and Benefits
- Essential client questions
- Active listening skills
Using visual aids
- Use of PowerPoint
- Transmitting data
- Influence with visuals
- Generating client involvement when required
- Relating discussion to objectives
- Tips and Techniques for effectively answering questions
- How we think a short history
- Where do you start?
- How do you finish?
- Pitch from each delegate
- Including questions
- Feedback from Consultant
- Feedback from peers
- Short video playback (if required)
- Assimilation of key Learning Points
- Action plans
Meet The Tutor
Phil is a specialist training consultant with a depth of business experience in financial services and combines his knowledge of the industry with creative and energetic training and coaching skills. He is fascinated with the power of good communication and works internationally to help groups and individuals improve their skills.
Most often Phil is coaching people in all aspects of communication from sales to presentations and his approach is tailored to the challenges faced by the individual in the context of the goals to be achieved.
He has a wealth of relevant qualifications including an MBA (Cranfield), Master Practitioner – Neuro Linguistic Programming, Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing, Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers and the Financial Planning Certificate. He is also actively involved with the Professional Speaking Association.
Who is this course for?
It’s perfect for anyone who is currently involved in the new business side of a firm. As well as any staff that me be involved in the pitching process to any potential clients.
Training that makes a difference
Experienced engaging trainers
With first hand industry knowledge and an intimate understanding of the regulatory environment, we always guide you with an expert (and friendly) hand.
Packed with relevant information
We know you’re busy, so we’re careful not to waste a minute of your time. Our training courses are fast paced, insightful and filled with valuable information.
Get personalised attention
Sessions are practical workshops not PowerPoint lectures. All courses are limited to no more than 14 attendees, so we’re able to explain concepts in the context of your business.