- City of London
It doesn’t matter who you are delivering the message to, presenting in a formal situation seems to come with a feeling of anxiety and for some it turns into a fear.
Presenting should be about communication, whether it be the features and benefits of a service or product, an update to colleagues reviewing an event you attended or to explain the changes and business risks of new regulation, policy or process to the management team. This often includes the use of considerable amounts of data with PowerPoint or Keynote.
The key is to prepare, consider your audience and practice saying the words out loud; you will then see an improvement in your confidence and personal impact.
This interactive one day course will guide you through the fundamental skills of presenting, led by an experienced consultant with a background in professional speaking.
“There are always three speeches, for every one you actually gave. The one you practiced, the one you gave, and the one you wish you gave.”
Attending this course will enable you to:
- Understand what makes an effective presentation
- Prepare effectively with your audience in mind
- Understand how people communicate and strategies to deal with these
- Decide when and how to use visual aids or presentation software
- How to achieve maximum impact using financial information – and avoid “death by PowerPoint”
- Anticipate audience questions and possible responses
- Practice presentation techniques in a safe environment
Increase your confidence in creating and delivering excellent presentations
The Course Agenda
- Delegates should prepare a 5-10 minute presentation based on a scenario provided. This should include the use of PowerPoint slides
Introduction and Welcome
- To ensure the group is clear about the aims and objectives of the course and what can realistically be achieved in a day
- Define what makes an effective presentation
- Describe the way in which the confidence is transmitted to an audience
Essential skills revisited
- Define the basic physical skills and their influence
- Describe methods of improving confidence when presenting and pitching
Using visual aids
- Describe the effective use of PowerPoint
- Defining ways to highlight key messages
- Demonstrating ways to involve the client
- Relating their involvement to pitch your objectives
- Describing methods of generating client questions
- Demonstrating ways of answering while maintaining client interest
Using financial information
- Tips & techniques to focus audience attention on relevant data
- Define a method of preparation so that positive results are obtained
- Demonstration of skills, tips and techniques by each delegate
- Review of learning and steps to ensure application
Meet The Tutor
Phil is a specialist training consultant with a depth of business experience in financial services and combines his knowledge of the industry with creative and energetic training and coaching skills. He is fascinated with the power of good communication and works internationally to help groups and individuals improve their skills.
Most often Phil is coaching people in all aspects of communication from sales to presentations and his approach is tailored to the challenges faced by the individual in the context of the goals to be achieved.
He has a wealth of relevant qualifications including an MBA (Cranfield), Master Practitioner – Neuro Linguistic Programming, Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing, Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers and the Financial Planning Certificate. He is also actively involved with the Professional Speaking Association.
Who is this course for?
This is an ideal course for the personal development of all staff. Whether they are responsible for delivering presentations to internal teams and board members or stakeholders and clients.
Training that makes a difference
Experienced engaging trainers
With first hand industry knowledge and an intimate understanding of the regulatory environment, we always guide you with an expert (and friendly) hand.
Packed with relevant information
We know you’re busy, so we’re careful not to waste a minute of your time. Our training courses are fast paced, insightful and filled with valuable information.
Get personalised attention
Sessions are practical workshops not PowerPoint lectures. All courses are limited to no more than 14 attendees, so we’re able to explain concepts in the context of your business.