- Growing The Business - Learn The Vitals of Growth Leadership
5 March, 2019
12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- City of London
Course Fees (excl. VAT)
- Single Booking £375.00 (GBP)
- Multiple Booking £337.50 (GBP)
The choice in business is binary Fail or Thrive.
Platform technologies, costs, fee transparency, open banking, challenger businesses, information availability, are all factors that are providing prospective and existing clients with more information and choice than ever before.
This workshop looks at how growing a client base, to maximize client outcomes is vital to all in professional service businesses during an age of open accessible to information.
This workshop demonstrates the essential skills, tools and techniques that bring about successful client acquisition. It provides answers to;
- How do I get buy-in to growth?
- How do I identify stretch targets that drive the right behaviours?
- How do I inspire others to drive the growth agenda?
The session allows delegates to consider changes, challenges and opportunities in today’s business environment in an environment where change is constant “What is normal when there are tectonic shifts” (Mark Carney, Mansion House June 2018)?
By attending this session delegates have the opportunity to recognize today’s business reality, with reference to Mark Carney at the Mansion House 2018 and Klaus Schwab, Founder and Exec Chairman of the World Economic Forum.
There is the opportunity to understand “the power of purpose” looking to an investment management business managing $3.56 Trillion of client assets and a 2008 start up service sector business that in 2018 was acquired by IKEA.
Delegates benefit from recognising what success looks like and identifying the behaviours that are required to achieve success.
Delegates will produce a single page business development action plan.
The Course Agenda
- Knowing your environment
Consider this – (Sector change, Business change, Changes required)
- Look at today’s business conditions
- Confront the brutal facts.
- What do you need to do
Recognising change and understanding your purpose
- Understand your ‘why’
- Having a purpose gives you and colleagues a reason to deliver the ‘How’ (you grow your business)
- If we are to perform at our highest we need to find ways of incorporating planning, action, measuring and feedback into our schedules
- Know what success looks like
The right behaviours inspire others
- What you do = who you are
- Drive the right business development behaviours in yourself will impact others
- What to look for
Plans double your chance of success
- What’s in your PDCA business development cycle
- Measure and managing activities
- Getting out of your comfort zone
- Have a plan, share the plan, communicate
- The importance of sharing success and failure and the lessons to be learned and shared
Meet The Tutor
Colum Smith is a specialist in client acquisition and retention. He has a unique set of skills built from a career that has included Professional Services, business start-ups, and partnership in a Government business growth consortium. He is currently providing growth mentoring and coaching for a Financial Services FTSE 250 company. He sees many synergies between success in sport and with business boards, client facing teams, where he draws upon psychology learned in his earlier Sports Science background to help transfer skills and evidence success.
Colum works with individuals, groups and teams to plan and manage Growth through building and maintaining excellent client relationships. Recently described by one client as “giving road to Damascus moments”, he shares, tools, behaviours and experiences that challenge, support and action Growth.
Who is this course for?
This course is for leaders and future leaders of regulated financial services firms.
Training that makes a difference
Experienced engaging trainers
With first hand industry knowledge and an intimate understanding of the regulatory environment, we always guide you with an expert (and friendly) hand.
Packed with relevant information
We know you’re busy, so we’re careful not to waste a minute of your time. Our training courses are fast paced, insightful and filled with valuable information.
Get personalised attention
Sessions are practical workshops not PowerPoint lectures. All courses are limited to no more than 14 attendees, so we’re able to explain concepts in the context of your business.