- GDPR - One Year On
23 May, 2019 - 24 May, 2019
- City of London
The Information Commissioner’s Office issued Equifax Ltd with a £500,000 fine for failing to protect the personal information of up to 15 million UK citizens during a cyber attack in 2017. The ICO investigation found that, although the information systems in the US were compromised, Equifax Ltd was responsible for the personal information of its UK customers. The UK arm of the company failed to take appropriate steps to ensure its American parent Equifax Inc, which was processing the data on its behalf, was protecting the information.
We now live in the GDPR world where the fine could have been up to the higher maximum amount of 20 million Euros (or equivalent in sterling) or 4% of the total annual worldwide turnover in the preceding financial year, whichever is higher.
As the dust settles, post implementation, we await the first enforcement action under GDPR, but this is certainly not a time for complacency.
Questions that organisations should be asking themselves include:
- Have we really done enough?
- Are we fully compliant and how do we know?
- Are we sure we considered the requirements, implications and associated risks of the Data Protection Act 2018 as fully as we should have done? Now’s the time to take stock.
This workshop will:
- Update you on latest developments in relation to Data Protection and the ICO’s activities
- Provide you with an opportunity to discuss related issues and experiences with your peers
- Look at ‘good practice’ – so think of this workshop as a chance to review and assess the extent to which you are GDPR compliant
The Course Agenda
Recap on GDPR
- What was it (again), what did it mean, why does it matter?
- Enforcement and latest industry developments
- What is the difference between the DPA 2018 and GDPR?
- Consent regime – what did you change, have you done enough? – guidance and good practice
- Processing personal data – what did you change, have you done enough? – guidance and good practice
- Transferring and disposing – what did you change, have you done enough? – guidance and good practice
- Breaches, escalation and governance – what did you change, have you done enough? – guidance and good practice
Meet The Tutor
During his banking career at UBS and Nomura, Matt has gained invaluable experience in a variety of front office and training functions, spanning across both financial markets and compliance. Matt brings a unique blend of market experience, technical knowledge and regulatory know-how to offer leading workshops designed to provide practical, flexible and commercial Compliance training solutions to clients. These workshops are designed to decipher the complexity and equip your employees with the knowledge they need to remain compliant and competent within their roles.
Who is this course for?
This workshop is for all Board members, Senior Managers and those responsible for ensuring their firm has met its regulatory obligations as you will be responsible for holding your key personnel to account.
Training that makes a difference
Experienced engaging trainers
With first hand industry knowledge and an intimate understanding of the regulatory environment, we always guide you with an expert (and friendly) hand.
Packed with relevant information
We know you’re busy, so we’re careful not to waste a minute of your time. Our training courses are fast paced, insightful and filled with valuable information.
Get personalised attention
Sessions are practical workshops not PowerPoint lectures. All courses are limited to no more than 14 attendees, so we’re able to explain concepts in the context of your business.